MyPeace.TV

I squeezed into the empty chair between two people at the long table. We all had plates recently filled at the conference cafeteria.... high end food at a pricey training on Nonviolent Communication. I had dubiously scooped up a white ghost of a poached egg floating around in a tub of hot water, and even more wonderingly watched the ghost's head jiggle and wobble as I walked to my seat.
After sitting down, I stopped. I like to quiet my mind before eating, so I took a slow, silent breath - as the woman across the table from me smiled and said "Finally! Someone REALLY knows how to poach an egg!"

O.K.

I took another breath and smiled back. "You really like your eggs cooked - like ---this." (Yes, and all around me laughter broke out and one fellow said "And you are wondering if you will be able to eat yours!")

Its amazing how stating opinions and preferences as facts can lead to the building of walls and fences between us.

Views: 31

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

BUT MANY THINGS ARE FACTS........SHOULD WE COMPROMISE? NOT STATE A FACT FOR FEAR SOMONE WILL TAKE OFFENCE? OFFENCE CAN NEVER BE GIVEN , ONLY TAKEN..THE PERSON THAT TAKES OFFENCE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHOICE...
SO MANY FACTS SO MANY ACTS >>LEARN ,HAVE EPIPHANIES (spell it) ITS A FACT THAT SOMETIMES IN THE WEE WEE HRS OF THE MORNING WE (SOME OF US) STEP OUT OF BED , AND FEEL THAT OOY GOOY PILE BELOW OUR FEET AND AS IT SQUIRMS ITS WAY BETWEEN OUR TOES WE LOOK AT THE NEW PUPPY SLEEPING AND SAY "OH SHIT!"
GODDESSDIVA

ROLF ROLF! Kyla your the only person i know that can find Spiritualty in a pile of dog do ..toooo Funny..
Hope you are well , haven't heared from ya in a few....

RSS

‎"Why should there be hunger and deprivation in any land, in any city, at any table, when man has the resources and the scientific know-how to provide all mankind with the basic necessities of life?"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

CAMPAIGNS ON FACEBOOK
We Love Planet EarthPetition for more Positive News & Basic Needs for All

FEATURED FILMS
Woke Up Alive, Promises & Peace Pilgrim

© 2024   Created by MyPeace Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service