MyPeace.TV

Hi Everyone,

As you may know, activists from the 'Occupy Wall Street' movement took to the streets in NYC on September 17th, in an effort to create dialogue about economic inequality and to inspire change. At the moment, hundreds of activists are still there (9/30/11 UPDATE: There are about 5000 activists there now!), despite many having been arrested. Plans for similar demonstrations across the country are manifesting (see http://occupytogether.org/). 

What are Your thoughts about this movement?

Views: 433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IT IS WONDERFUL!!!  IT IS DESPERATE!!!  IT IS NEEDED!!!  IT IS A THROW-BACK TO THE 60'S!!!

The question is; is it working? The fact is there has been little to no media coverage. If the tea baggers so much as sneeze, Anderson Cooper pulls up his hoodie over his head and is right on it.  Calling the media out for its innaction couldn't hurt. I WISH I COULD BE THERE WITH THEM!!!

WE the people; WE are one; WE wish to be the change WE wish to see in the world; Together WE can make a difference; yes WE can; WE are the world.  It's a pretty simple concept, it's just a shift in consciousness from I to WEWE Party www.weparty.info
I have been at the OWS demonstration, and I'm going back. This effort needs to be supported. It's a peaceful demonstration (until the cops try to get 'clever'). The energy is very positive, the leaders are doing a fantastic job. There's a core group of about 200 who sleep there. Others come and go, as individuals or by the busload. This is the beginning of our American Spring. There are not only demonstrations around our country manifesting, but there are support occupations in many countries around the world. What does democracy look like? THIS is what democracy looks like.
I really support you guys. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it down there.
I believe this is needed. I am grateful for those who are there and staying. I wish I could be there but just can't get away. I will go to the Oct 6 event in DC but also can only stay for a day but it's close enough where I can go back often. I would like to see these types of events everywhere. because in order to get media coverage were going to have to have larger number or more actions all over the country. Hopefully the movement will continue to grow and gain more support. We have to take our country back but not just our country we need to maintain solidarity around the world because it looks like everyone everywhere has had enough. This is the greatest opportunity we have every had. The time for action is now.
There are billions of people waiting for a sign, that peace is possible...

One which is empowering but NOT threatening, that at first glance conveys THEIR hearts desire of living in harmony and unity.

A sign THEY can easily embrace and reproduce, one that is available in many different forms, jewelry, stickers, flags, etc. yet UNIQUE enough to encompass all the varied diversity which envelopes humanity...

And compliments their own group symbol...

One that unites community while offering a hand and heart of friendship to all, The Peace Heart is that sign...

A mass display of this symbol would draw media and world attention which could catapult October2011 into a global movement...

We The*People... Print signs "I'm A Person" "Corporations R Not"... Take SILENT single file, Nonviolent Marches to your state capital, city halls, schools, corporate locations...

Unite the C.H.A.O.S. + N.O.W. + Display our Heart of Peace...

There are many simple, yet powerful methods in which to convey the message that Nonviolent, Peaceful Action, CAN & WILL CREATE - a World@Peace...

Doing so in mass is the solution, for UNITY is the Power of The*People...

Global Peaceful*Intent must start somewhere, Imagine people all over the world, displaying their heart of peace in actions of all types wearing peace heart jewelry patches tee shirts etc. YT videos, Flash mobs holding peace heart signs singing "We All+R+Saying " + "Build Peace Today" - Silent Marchs carrying peace heart banners.

A unity of global expression, with a single powerful goal. Displaying the people's commitment to developing Nonviolent, Sustainable, Peaceful Solutions...

This is a single STEP that begins The*Journey...

Start*2*Day ;)

Sincerely, BL*M

"Greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come"-Victor Hugo
That was so Beautiful I just cut and pasted the whole thing on Twitter I hope U don't mind @angelsavant Thx <3 ~AS~
We the working class people are the reason you Wall street people have more money than you know what to do with. Without us where would you be? We the working class demand our respect and request that you share in the financial burden you placed on this country by your corporate greed.

I've been saying to people since 1970
that nothing   is really going to change
until we give up the habit
of demonstrating for a day or two and then going home.

The more reports I hear of protestors "digging in"
makes me feel a glimmer of hope for the states.
The founding fathers would have been proud of the folks camped out on walls street tonight.

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits among yourselves, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out."
... President Andrew Jackson
    (Spoken to a delegation of bankers requesting the extension of the 1832 Bank Renewal Act). 

A Notice on the Occupy Together website:

WARNING: We have seen reports of other people calling themselves Occupy Together starting groups and pages asking for donations. We will not and never will ask you for donations and are no way affiliated with these groups. You will only see our official postings here, on our twitter, and on our website. No where else. It is unfortunate that this is occurring and no way for us to prevent it but...as the movement has shown...people will do just about anything for money. Please pass this along.
#occupywallstreet is the culmination of all the abuse the working class has taken for the past 30 years. I am hoping it continues and gains momentum till the 99% of us are the actual majority on the streets of every major city in America!
I absolutely support the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.  I am one who has been forced to take part time work due to the disgusting greed factor that our "fellow Americans" have used to bring our country to this horrible economic state.  For every one of the protesters at these demonstrations there are 100,000 more who feel the same.

RSS

‎"Why should there be hunger and deprivation in any land, in any city, at any table, when man has the resources and the scientific know-how to provide all mankind with the basic necessities of life?"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

CAMPAIGNS ON FACEBOOK
We Love Planet EarthPetition for more Positive News & Basic Needs for All

FEATURED FILMS
Woke Up Alive, Promises & Peace Pilgrim

© 2024   Created by MyPeace Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service