MyPeace.TV

Help us find the best quotes to feature :)

Views: 1512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are each like individual fish, separate yet connected to each other as the great ocean of consciousness flows through us. ~Rick Levine

"Any life lost in war is a human life, irrespective of its being that of an Israeli or an Arab. A wife who becomes a widow is a human being entitled to a happy family life, whether she be an Arab or an Israeli. Innocent children who are deprived of the care and compassion of their parents are ours, be they living on Arab or Israeli land."

-Anwar Sadat

"Don't ever doubt the power of just one mind, or the worldwide power of just one rhyme."

-Michael Franti
Peace is the vibrant space that stimulates the dance between kindness, merriment and freedom. ~Unknown
The difference between an opinion and a conviction is that you hold one while the other holds you.

I'd like to add these by Dwight Eisenhower, mainly because few people think of him in these terms.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

"I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it."

"Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin."

"War settles nothing."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

"Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.~Mohandas K. Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.~ Gandhi : His Life and Message for the World (1954), by Louis Fischer, p.177

Taken on the whole, I would believe that Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men of our time. We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence for fighting for our cause, but by non-participation of anything you believe is evil.~ Albert Einstein, in a United Nations radio interview recorded in Einstein's study, Princeton, New Jersey, (1950)

"The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be."~Dalai Lama

Creative and ispirational quotes which inspire the world and give peace.

asdsadsadsad

RSS

‎"Why should there be hunger and deprivation in any land, in any city, at any table, when man has the resources and the scientific know-how to provide all mankind with the basic necessities of life?"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

CAMPAIGNS ON FACEBOOK
We Love Planet EarthPetition for more Positive News & Basic Needs for All

FEATURED FILMS
Woke Up Alive, Promises & Peace Pilgrim

© 2024   Created by MyPeace Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service